- In 2014, we provided services to 635 critically-ill children and 990 of their siblings.
- Thanks to you, we were able to cover $1,514,233 in direct family expenses.
- Volunteers dedicated nearly 4,900 hours to helping achieve our mission.
- Charity Navigator awarded us their top 4-star rating for the 7th time. Only 2% of U.S. charities have earned the 4-star rating 7 or more times -- and Friends of Karen is one of them.
- We partner with 23 world-class hospitals in the New York tri-state region that have a pediatric oncology department and/or pediatric transplant unit.
- Friends of Karen serves children and their families regardless of race, religion, gender, national origin or cultural heritage.