After the death of a child, Friends of Karen continues our relationship with the family. Every family member experiences loss in a different way and we support families on an individual and as-needed basis. We help these families through the grieving process and onto the healing process.
- Assistance with funeral arrangements and expenses.
- Counseling and support for parents and siblings through home visits.
- Acknowledgment of anniversary dates with cards, flowers and memorial candles.
- Referral and financial assistance for bereavement counseling.
- Age-appropriate books for siblings on the subjects of cancer, death and bereavement.
- Our Memorial Quilt program is an act of remembrance of each child through a lasting work of art. Each quilt square is lovingly designed by family members in their child’s memory. The quilts are displayed at events throughout the year.