2019 Gala Honoree's PK and RIchard Klein
Our volunteers come in all sizes: children, teens, young professionals, retirees, and all ages in between. We even have multi-generational families who volunteer! We’ll match your time and talents to programs, projects and needs that enable Friends of Karen to support families.
Here are a few examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Help with our Holiday Adopt-A-Family Program.
- Put together “Birthday Bags,” including cake mix, frosting, candles, party plates and napkins.
- Serve on one of our event committees or advisory boards.
- Be part of our gift wrapping and packing team during the holidays and year ‘round.
- Provide admin or computer support in one of our offices.
- Collect new coloring books and crayons for our hospitalized children.
- Write for one of our publications.
- Help with social media.
- Become part of our Beth’s Buddies program to provide homework support to our children.
- Help out at special events.
- Do projects for Community Service requirements.
We could not do all we do without the support of our volunteers who donate thousands of hours each year. Their commitment and abilities are vital to achieving our mission.