Our volunteers come in all sizes: children, teens, young professionals, retirees, and all ages in between. We even have multi-generational families who volunteer! We’ll match your time and talents to programs, projects and needs that enable Friends of Karen to support families.
Here are a few examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Participate in our Holiday Adopt-a-Family Program. Fill a child’s holiday wish list, hold a toy drive, wrap, pack and ship gifts.
- Collect new school supplies and backpacks and spend a few hours during the summer at our North Salem office packing everything up for a family.
- Put together Birthday Bags, including candles, party plates, napkins and a small grocery gift card for refreshments.
- Help keep our North Salem headquarter’s grounds looking beautiful – you can come individually or schedule a group clean-up day. Seasonal flower donations such as mums are welcome.
- Serve on one of our event committees or advisory boards.
- Help us at events – registration, event photography and more.
- Provide admin or computer support in one of our offices.
- Collect new coloring books & crayons or new storybooks for our hospitalized children.
- Write or design for one of our publications.
- Do projects for Community Service requirements.
Submit your Volunteer application and we’ll get in touch with you to discuss a meaningful involvement.
We could not do all we do without the support of our volunteers who donate thousands of hours each year. Their commitment and abilities are vital to achieving our mission.
Email Allison or call her at (914) 617-4054.
On Long Island, Email Lexi Latino or call (631) 473-1768.
Thanks for your interest in helping Friends of Karen!
Seventh grader Anabelle donated 20 beautiful Summer Sacks for her Mitzvah project in preparation for her Bat Mitzvah. Each Summer Sack contains a colorful beach towel, summer bucket hat, sunscreen, insulated water bottle, insect repellant bands, pack of cards and a Frisbee. To make the Summer Sacks even more special, Anabelle handcrafted beaded friendship bracelets for each bag.
Thank you, Henry, for organizing a Kids Calming Kit project for Friends of Karen. Henry, a high school junior, raised money and created 192 kits which include spinners, mini cube puzzles, Silly Putty, pop- it bracelets, other sensory toys and a clever poem which Henry wrote. Our Family Support team will give the kits to Friends of Karen ill children and their well siblings.