Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Despite medical breakthroughs in treatment, cancer remains the leading cause of death by disease in children. That’s why gold is the official color for childhood cancer awareness – it symbolizes how precious children are and recognizes their courageous strength. Friends of Karen is #AlwaysGold…Because the fight doesn't end until cancer is gone and we help children with cancer 365 days a year.
- Wear a GOLD ribbon.
- Be a social media advocate and add a Friends of Karen Facebook frame to your profile photo signifying your support for Childhood Cancer Awareness. Click HERE to add a frame. Speaking of your social media, post and share a photo using #AlwaysGold and #FriendsofKaren
- Create a Facebook fundraiser to support Childhood Cancer Awareness and Friends of Karen. We’re thrilled whenever anyone chooses us to support. For information on creating a fundraiser, click HERE.
- Do a Fitness Challenge. Choose your fitness activity and invite your friends to do the challenge “TOGETHER”. Click HERE to get started.
- Donate to Friends of Karen. 86% of the children helped by Friends of Karen are fighting to stay strong in their battle with cancer. Your help ensures the entire family is helped through this devastating journey. Click HERE to donate.
- Shop Amazon Smile - By doing your shopping through our Amazon Smile link, a portion of your purchase is donated to Friends of Karen, allowing us to continue our work of supporting critically-ill children and their families. Use this link to do your shopping through Amazon smile. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/14-1612290
- Follow Friends of Karen on social media and encourage your friends and family to get involved as well! Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
As a partner in our mission, you know the importance of supporting Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. No matter what you choose to do, know you are making a difference. Every person made aware of the prevalence and impact of childhood cancer is a new voice in this all-year-round battle, not just in September.